bin-install test

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Nov 24 09:29:43 PST 2007

:Can someone put these two lines in their /etc/mk.conf:
:
:BINPKG_SITES+=http://pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org
:DEPENDS_TARGET+=bin-install
:
:And then go to some package you want in the pkgsrc tree, and perform a:
:
:'bmake bin-install'
:
:This should install whatever package and its dependencies, building from
:source only when the package needed isn't present as an existing binary at
:one of our mirrors.  If it does or does not work, please tell me.
:
:Make sure that you have a version of pkg_install from this year; pkg_add
:-V will tell you and 'bmake install' in /usr/pkg/pkgtools/pkg_install will
:upgrade it.

    It has to be /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf now.  /etc/mk.conf is obsolete and
    pkgsrc no longer parses it.

    When I stuck the lines in /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf it did work, but this
    isn't the best test since my machines are on the same LAN as pkgbox.

test28# bmake clean
===> Cleaning for mtools-3.9.10nb1
test28# bmake bin-install
===> Binary install for mtools-3.9.10nb1
=> Installing mtools-3.9.10nb1 from /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All;http://pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org/All
pkg_add: Warning: package `http://pkgbox.dragonflybsd.org/All/mtools-3.9.10nb1.tgz' was built for a different version of the OS:
pkg_add: DragonFly/i386 1.10.1 (pkg) vs. DragonFly/i386 1.11.0 (this host)
mtools-3.9.10nb1: registering info file /usr/pkg/info/mtools.info
mtools-3.9.10nb1 successfully installed.
test28#

					<dillon at backplane.com>