nfe(4) for nVidia GigE

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:41:20 PDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I found one problem, but I don't know if it will fix the TX watchdog
    timeouts.
    nfe_encap() is totally broken.  It is setting each ring segment to
    NFE_TX_VALID as it goes, before it finishes writing out all the segments.
    In fact, it seems to be setting NFE_TX_VALID before it sets the LASTFRAG
    flag!  It's amazing that it works at all.
Yeah, that's it!!  Thank you very much!!  I didn't figure out the real
cause in the old version, but instead went to the sidetrack: adding a
delay in nfe_encap() :-P
Best Regards,
sephe
--