nfe(4) for nVidia GigE

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 05:11:31 PDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:On 7/25/06, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:> Hi all,
:>
:> I have ported nfe(4) from OpenBSD, which supports various nVidia GigE
:> and is open source:
:> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/nfe.tbz
:>
:
:I have updated it, and will commit this updated version next week, if
:no objection comes.
:
:Please review/test it.
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe
:
:--
:Live Free or Die
    Oooh.  Very nice.  And I happen to have test boxes with nVidia chipsets
    that the driver recognizes!
    I got an assertion when I tried to ifconfig it up.  I think the issue
    is simply that the serializer has already been acquired when nfe_jalloc()
    or nfe_jfree() are called (since you also specified it when you
    installed the interrupt vector).  If I remove the serializer calls
    from those two routines I can ifconfig it up.
I have added additional serializer to protect jubmo buffer pool,
please refetch and test it again
Best Regards,
sephe
--