802.11 patch

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Nov 25 06:28:56 PST 2005

On 25.11.2005, at 14:57, Andrew Atrens wrote:

Jay wrote:
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 01:01:36PM -0500, Andrew Atrens wrote:
brings in new 802.11 stack from FreeBSD-current

Please don't send 1.4Mb patches to mailing lists.  It's very annoying
to the
many of us.  While I deeply appreciate your effort, in the future
please
take submissions this large and place them on a web/ftp server and
include a
link for people to download it.
Thanks!
http://atrens.ca/802_11-Preview.diff

It's been there since late September and uploaded by many folks.

It breaks iwi, ipw, wi and ndis, but not *that* badly. ;)

I strongly suggest someone else run with this, as I mentioned back in
September,
I'm throttled for time ..
Yes, people, PLEASE try this patch.  We should try hard to get it in
for the release.  I'd test + commit it, but I don't have any wifi
hardware, so I'll be committing it if I get at least one "works here"
for every iwi, ipw, wi and ndis (wifi).

This new patch can do fancy stuff (including wpa) and Andrew is running
it himself in various locations.  DragonFly needs YOU (pointing
finger)!

cheers
  simon
PGP.sig