GCC 3.4.4pre

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon May 16 18:51:48 PDT 2005

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Hi all,
please test http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~joerg/gcc-update.diff
which updates GCC to the current 3.4.4pre snapshot..
It compiles most things okay, but I've tried compiling mozilla
several times and each time the 'make install' fails because regchrome
and regxpcom both segfault.
I just finished a successful install of mozilla with the default 3.4.3.
Unfortunately I can't figure out why the patched gcc won't do the same.
(Of course, the mozilla sources need to be patched before compilation,
but I applied exactly the same patches with both versions of gcc.)
It might be worth your while to try building mozilla with both versions
of gcc and see if you have better luck with 3.4.4pre.