lang/ruby18 dfport override

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Thu May 12 16:19:00 PDT 2005

Hi all,

  http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/dfports/ruby18-dfport.tgz

is a dfport override for lang/ruby18.  I did this just as a stopgap
measure so that I could run 'pkgdb -F' without dumping core :(

All it does is add some patches that make it buildable by removing all
the 'extern int errno' declarations in the Ruby source.  The patches
have also been sent upstream to the Ruby project.

In fact, this dfport needs review, because (although I can't think of
what I've done wrong - it's my first dfport) it doesn't completely work;
it works fine if it's built from /usr/dfports/lang/ruby18, but trying to
build it from /usr/ports/lang/ruby18 produces:

"Makefile", line 78: Malformed conditional (${RUBY_VER} == ${RUBY_DEFAULT_VER})
"Makefile", line 81: if-less else
"Makefile", line 83: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 157: Malformed conditional (${RUBY_VER} == ${RUBY_DEFAULT_VER})
"Makefile", line 163: if-less endif
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

. ..which I don't understand at all.

-Chris