for when dragonflyBSD next release?

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Sat Mar 19 18:55:30 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:20:15 -0800
Chris Pressey <cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:42:17 -0800
> Chris Pressey <cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > Hmm, interesting - I did run 'make installer_release' as root, which
> > I assume should do everything (build+install world+kernel) as root.
> > Possibly I didn't clean up enough before running it...
>
> Weird.  Even after blowing away /usr/release/root/* and /usr/obj/*,
> cvsup'ping, and doing a 'make installer_release' as root, I still get
> half of the things installed as my regular uid 1000 user.
>
> Maybe it's because I su'ed to root instead of logging in as root?
> Can't think of anything else, I'll try it.

Nope.  Here's what it is: my source tree is checked out as my regular
user, and src/nrelease/root and src/nrelease/installer are cpdup'ed to
the release tree as part of 'make customizeiso' in the nrelease
Makefile.  They are, of course, duplicated exactly; thus, they are still
owned by uid 1000 on the release image.

Maybe an mtree after the cpdup is called for here?  Anyway, I now know
the immediate fix: chown those root skeleton directories to root...

-Chris