chmod 660 on /dev/pass*

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Fri Mar 11 14:30:10 PST 2005

Joerg Anslik wrote:

Yeah,

Gets my vote!

That makes two in total so far. :)

- perhaps read-in by MAKEDEV so as to 'reach out and touch'
perms and such?

Why not...an extra file containing local overrides should be easy to
*SNIP*

Anyway, I like this idea!

- Or are we [ re-inventing | improving upon] device hints?
Probably overkill, IMHO.

--j
I like approaches that keep the sysadmin out of the lower-reaches
of the engine room, and don't require complex editors or a GUI toolset.
As with fstab, this could be a clean way to provide a terse, clean interface
in a predictable place.
One easily edited via ssh, or explained in a fax or such when
'remote hands' are involved, as the site-techs are usually rather
 junior and Win or Lin 'spurts - not *BSD anyway.
Bill