iwi driver ready for inclusion

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 2 11:14:47 PST 2005

:Just finished merging and testing ALTQ support.
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/atrens/iwi_driver/~atrens/iwi_driver/iwi-dragonfly-1.1.6.tar.gz
:Please review and, if appropriate, commit.
:Note that I've also included in the tarball an updated sbin/ifconfig.
:This is a 'would be nice, but not required' inclusion. To simplify my
:life, in ifmedia.c I've conditionally included two small macros missing
:from our if_media.h. The other option of course is to actually
:re-synch our if_media.h from FreeBSD-[56].
:
:Note that Damien's FreeBSD-current version has been updated for WPA, so
:whenever our 802_11 stack is ready for that, converting this driver
:should be reasonably straightforward.
:
:Cheers,
:
:Andrew.

    That URL doesn't work... remember that your web site on leaf is
    relative to ~/public_html.

    Looking it by logging into leaf... hmm. DragonFly doesn't have
    a separate modules hierarchy, it's integrated into the dev
    hierarchy.  It should be easy to fix that if you look at how
    other drivers handle the module issue.

    We need a cvs diff of subhiearchies that are being modified
    rather then created (e.g. ifconfig), not a tarball.