FPU Bounds [Was: Re: openssh4.0 upgrade]

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 23 01:22:56 PST 2005

:>    If you can narrow it down further it would reduce the amount of code I
:>    have to wade through to try to track it down.  Unfortunately, FP traps
:>    tend to be delayed which makes tracking down the actual source difficult
:>    to say the least.
:
:I checked out from cvs using -P -D with ISO dates.
:
:2005-03-06 works fine.
:2005-03-08 does not work, get the FPU bounds panic.
:2005-03-09 does now work, get the FPU bounds panic.
:
:The point where it fails is *always* the same point, as I laid down in my
:earlier message.
:
:Didn't have the additional time this morning to narrow it down more.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    Try reverting the commit you made to /usr/src/sys/i386/include/stdarg.h
    and /usr/src/include/stdarg.h.  Those are the only changes that comes
    anywhere near the code that paniced.