chmod 660 on /dev/pass*

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Fri Mar 11 13:39:47 PST 2005

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

On 11.03.2005, at 21:17, Joerg Anslik wrote:

YMMV, but the project needs to focus on the 'least harm' aspect.
ACK.

/etc/device.conf? we could use such a thing also without a devd

As a 'last word' override, as with rc.conf?

Gets my vote!

rc.conf is a bit too much of a 'catch-all' since rc.subr arrived,
not enamored of further complications there.
S'pose ~/dev/conf or ~/localdev.conf could live in /dev just as well?

- perhaps read-in by MAKEDEV so as to 'reach out and touch'
 perms and such?
- Or are we [ re-inventing | improving upon] device hints?

Bill