grep --dont-read-devices-or-symlinks

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jun 17 10:03:39 PDT 2005

:how so? i don't want to search a duplicate /sys at all... well, i can
:keep the patch in my tree as well, just wanted to share some thought
:
:cheers
:   simon
:
:--
:Serve - BSD     +++  RENT this banner advert  +++    ASCII Ribbon   /"\

    Well, I agree you do not want to recurse through symlinked directories.
    But symlinked files should definitely be searched.  If you make that
    change I see no reason why we can't commit it.

    But word of warning: because this option is DragonFly-specific, you
    may find yourself wishing you hadn't implemented it by virtue of it
    not existing on any other OS you use (for work, or in the future).