NCURSES not done, and not going to mess with build system.

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Feb 27 11:33:29 PST 2005

Tsume wrote:

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:10:41 +0000, Liam J. Foy <liamfoy at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Note to everyone: Sending 2MB patches to a mailing list is really
silly. Please, if you have a large attachment upload it someplace
and mention the link in the email.
Cheers,

Hello, this is Tsume. What a nice day outside. Is everyone having a
nice  day? I could have uploaded to my server, yes, nstead of leeching
the  bandwidth of the all mighty news server. My apologies for the
inconvience.

It isn't (just) the server, it is that a large contribution, when sent
to the list,
is propagated to all recipients of that list - replicated hundreds of times.

Many recipients are on constrained and/or expensive bandwidth/storage.
Most would prefer to get it later from the cvs tree in any case.
If you do not have storage to spare, please advise.
One or more of us can find a place to stage them.
Maybe in the future sombody can make a tool to make it easy for people
to  create, maintain, and upgrade the code in the base without rewriting
every  makefile from scratch.
Minor editing or patching to a Makefile is hard to avoid.
Major editing is less common.
Creating all-new Makefiles from scratch on anything as venerable as ncurses,
even after major source surgery, is a bit puzzling - at least to me.
Would it be unreasonable to ask for a recap of the changes
before the full-body is sent anywhere?
Thank you,

Bill Hacker