DragonFly and X.org

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Fri Feb 4 04:28:39 PST 2005

cpressey wrote @ Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:23:46 -0800:

> > package:
> > http://ftp.fortunaty.net/DragonFly/inofficial/packages/All/X.org-6.8.1.tgz

Please use instead
http://ftp.fortunaty.net/DragonFly/inofficial/packages/All/X.org-6.8.1_1.tgz
It should fix some of the bugs you found.

> First (small) is that the freetype2 package is now at version 2.1.7_4.
> I just hacked the +CONTENTS file locally to update the dependency.
>
> Second (also small) is that it looks like some documentation is listed
> in the packing list,  but not present in the package - mostly stuff
> under /usr/X11R6/man/man?/ and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/.

This was not small actually i'd call the plist in that pkg dangerous.
PLease be careful, do no deinstall it, just overwrite it.
I was surprised how much stupidity i was able to slip in there, sorry.

> Third (more serious) is that it seems to want libXft.so.2, which isn't
> part of the monolithic package.  It is provided by the libXft-2.1.6
> package, but unfortunately that has a dependency on
> xorg-libraries-6.8.1.  I'll try making a hacked version of libXft-2.1.6
> with no dependencies, and see if it likes that.

It now has a dependency on Xft.2

If you find more or it is not solved as you like, please inform me.

Thanks,
Andy