kue0 not receiving patch

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 16 10:35:14 PST 2005

:(a) add a USB IPL which can be used by the ?HCI to protect internally
:    against races and has a lower priority than all the other masks
:    [read: is masked by them]
:(b) add a facility to specify the interrupt mask with nexus_setup_intr
:    directly and be allowed to change that later. This is the easiest
:    solution and would allow us to implement something similiar to
:    intr_mux for the *HCI interrupt handling. USB drivers could use
:    the same protection mechanism as normal drivers and specify the own
:    mask directly.
:(c) switch to soft interrupt style handling like NetBSD already does.
:    This has the advantage of fitting into the DF style, but I'm not
:    sure yet how much work it is. I have to look at the implementation
:    of the taskqueue framework.
:
:Joerg

    Well, we're trying to get away from the SPL model.  We could use a token
    to simulate the SPL (it should be ok for the USB interrupt code to obtain
    and release tokens), but I think the cleanest solution is to follow
    NetBSD.

    You could temporarily use a critical section instead of spl*() in the USB
    code.. or at least, that would be preferable to doing (a).