PATCH for gcc34 (so it will build ports)

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 12 05:57:22 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> -On [20050412 14:02], walt (wa1ter at xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >I'm deep into bikeshed territory with this one, so I don't expect
> >it will be committed.  (But it works for me.)

> I will certainly throw down my -1 to this patch.  This removes *any*
> incentive to force people to submit patches back upstream.
>
> But my reaction was not unexpected hmm? ;)

Mmm, no, not entirely.  But, I look at it this way:  any developer with
enough skill to submit well-crafted patches upstream could come up with
this patch in five minutes (it took me thirty).

This fix is for individuals (like me) who don't have the skills to help
with the job anyway.  Maybe someday I'll know enough to be pushing code
back upstream -- but don't hold your breath while you're waiting.

Meanwhile, I'll try building mozilla-devel again for the first time in
months :o)