acpi5 20040715

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Mon Sep 27 07:07:13 PDT 2004

Hi.
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:36:31AM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20040926 23:52], Andreas Hauser (andy at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >tried to get my acpi to do S1 and thought maybe the new intel release helps.
> >It did not :(

Andreas, please make sure that S1 is actually supported on your machine (see
sysctl hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state, and if so, what happens when you
run this command as root:
# acpiconf -s1
Also, did you see any acpi-related warnings in /var/run/dmesg.boot?

> >Besides the patch one needs the source for sys/contrib from intel:
> >http://www.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/acpica-unix-20040715.tar.gz
>
> Yonetani-san,
> could you give this a test spin?  Since you're our resident ACPI expert. ;)

Well, I don't think I'm an ACPI expert, but I'll try it anyway.
Not that much has been changed since 20040527 though, according to CHANGES.txt
in the same directory where the tarball resides.