ipw driver

Johannes Hofmann Johannes.Hofmann at gmx.de
Sun Sep 26 05:17:57 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Locking in the sense that certain parts have to be protected by splimp/splx.
> You can always replace the mutex locking with splimp, with the exception of
> removing the unlocking / locking pair around (*ifp->if_inut)(ifp, m), but
> such a call shouldn't exist. That's the save approach, we can always remove
> such calls later, they might only reduce performance a bit.

Are there any known problems with the ACPI C3 power saving state? Everything
works fine now, as long as I disable the C3 power saving state. If I enable
it, the machine locks up as soon as I access the net.
I did not find any precautions concerning power management in the wi(4)
driver, but it does not use DMA, whereas ipw
(http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/ipw-dragonfly-1.4.tar.gz) does.
Perhaps this has to do with the problem?

 Johannes