ipw driver

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 20 12:04:12 PDT 2004

:Hello,
:
:just wanted to know, if anyone is porting the ipw driver
:(http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/) to DragonFly. I just did a "brute
:force" attempt and it actually works! It seems to be pretty easy to port,
:as Joerg has already brought in all the ieee80211 stuff.
:I just removed all locking and adjusted some function arguments. This is
:probably not quite the right way to do it :-). Is there any locking needed on
:DragonFly? I did not find anything in the wi(4) driver.
:
:Thanks,
:Johannes

    Some guy by the name of Johannes Hofmann seems to have done it <GRIN>.

    If you tar up the source and put it on an ftp or http server somewhere
    where we can get it, I will check it over, do any remaining cleanups
    (if required), and commit it.