timed contains buffer overflows, and more

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Sep 3 11:13:02 PDT 2004

    Actually, I have another request... if other projects want to review
    the functional changes we are making to cleanup the buffer overflows,
    then our commits for those functional changes have to be ONLY those
    functional changes.  Commits for other things, like removing #ifdef sgi
    and (void) and other junk, have to be separate.

    So when you are making function changes, don't make any OTHER changes
    in the patch set.

    so, e.g. for timed.diff, I would much prefer JUST a patch that fixes
    the strcpy/strlcpy and related functions, not one that fixes those plus
    does a half dozen other classes of cleanup to the same source files.