cvs legacy options

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 18 10:44:52 PDT 2004

:
:On 18.10.2004, at 01:23, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
:>> Fetch it at <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/cvs-options.h>
:> uhm... netbsd uses CVSROOT/config. better patch up soon
:
:okay. the new one should do it well
:
:cheers
:   simon

    I'm confused re: the netbsd mention.  Don't we support CVSROOT/config ?
    So we shouldn't have to patch up for that, right?

    As for legacy operation.  I'm not sure that it is a good idea to add
    support back in for legacy repositories.  If netbsd is already using the
    new form it might be better to stick with the new form which will put
    pressure on the other projects to update their CVS subsystems.  What
    FreeBSD did was a hack... a very good hack, but a hack nonetheless.  When
    the CVS people adopted the feature they decided to implement it
    differently.  We should probably stick with the official implementation
    and get/pressure the people running the hack to restandardize on the
    official implementation.