cvs legacy options

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Oct 17 16:10:29 PDT 2004

In the old days, CVS didn't have support for custom keywords. This is
why several projects hacked up CVS to do so. They used CVSROOT/options
for that purpose. These days are gone: CVS now officially supports
LocalKeywords. As DragonFly switched to a new CVS version, we started
to use this support.

Unfortunately, we scraped support for the old style of configuring
local keywords. Now you might say "but we have a CVSROOT/options!";
this is true, but it's just to use an older version of CVS with a
current DragonFly repository.

Once you want to do it the other way round, i.e. try to access an "old
days style" CVS repository with DragonFly's CVS, you will notice (or
you won't) that it doesn't do tag expansion. All tags will be one off,
or will be screwed up totally. This is, of course, because DragonFly's
CVS won't know that it needs to expand $FreeBSD$ or $OpenBSD$, for
example. This patch adds parsing CVSROOT/options again, so that those
(widely used) repos can be used without problems.

Fetch it at <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/cvs-options.h>

cheers
  simon
--