Even more patches (was: Re: grdc(6))

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Wed Mar 31 12:45:46 PST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:31:59 -0800
Chris Pressey <cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/patch/style/

Two more style(9) patches, to yacc itself and libkvm.

Interesting tidbit from the yacc docs that reminded me that this sort of
work is not totally useless:

"Berkeley Yacc reflects its origins.  The reason so many routines use
exactly six register variables is that Berkeley Yacc was developed on a
VAX using PCC.  PCC placed at most six variables in registers.  I went
to considerable effort to find which six variables most belonged in
registers.  Changes in machines and compilers make that effort
worthless, perhaps even harmful."

-Chris