src/sys/vfs ANSIfication

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Sat Mar 27 19:50:20 PST 2004

Chris Pressey said:
> Since the whitespace occurs on the same lines that will be changed by
> the K&R->ANSI switch, I'm not sure a second pass is necessary for it.

The second pass was actually meant for other style changes not related to
the ANSIfication, like "sizeof foo" -> "sizeof(foo)" for example, and also
for some stuff that I didn't know what the preferred style was, like

void
foobar(a, b, c, d)
        int  a;        /* blah blah */
        int *b;        /* IN/OUT */
        char *c, *d;
{
}

Now that you mentioned the first arguments on each line lining up I think
it's more clear how this looks like (the four-space indentation here would
look a bit strange IMO.)

Andre