more config(8) patches (was Re: patch to fix breakage caused by earlier config(8) patch)

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Fri Mar 5 11:17:28 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:10:29 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> :This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> :
> :--Multipart=_Thu__4_Mar_2004_22_30_06_-0800_IXRkA2Vv16X6Mmid
> :
> :Erk.  Drat.  Sorry.  A bug slipped in apparently.  Accidentally inverted
> :the sense of a test.  Causes a whole bunch of "unknown device removed"
> :warnings for me.  The attached patch fixes it.  Sorry again.
> :
> :-Chris
>
>     Fixed.
>
>     Other things that can be cleaned up:
>
>     * no need to cast void * returning fuctions to strct blah *
>       (e.g. no need to cast the return value of malloc)
>
>     * no need to cast non-void-return fuctions to void (e.g. all
>       the snprintf, fclose, sscanf, and other calls).
>
>     Config is particularly old code, there is a lot of syntactic
>     junk in it.
>

> 					-Matt

OK, here are the next three cumulative patchsets.

config0.diff:

	o  Remove useless assignment to local char * in lang.l
	o  Replace all occurances of memset with bzero
	o  Rewrite the very ugly symlink-making blocks in main()
	o  Other miscellaneous small style fixes

confg1.diff:

	o  Don't bother casting return type of malloc to struct foo *
	o  Don't bother casting ignored return values to void

config2.diff:

	o  Replace ns() and eg() macros with strdup() and !strcmp()

Better tested this time.  My kernel builds and runs.  :)

-Chris

config0.diff.gz
config1.diff.gz