acpica5 and acpi sub-modules (Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev Makefile)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jun 14 11:11:04 PDT 2004

:It surely does, the only problem is that I have to press reset button
:(or power-cycle) when it supposed to resume :) For suspend/resume to
:work properly, other drivers must support it. And I think the status of
:suspend/resume support is almost the same as that of FreeBSD 4.x, and
:I doubt such changes will be MFC'ed to 4.x soon.
:
:My main interest has been on CPU throttling and poweroff, so I didn't
:care much about suspend/resume. Does suspend/resume work reliably on
:recent -CURRENT? I haven't used it after having experienced panics
:(I believe that was something related to ppp code) back in 4-CURRENT days,
:but if can resume reliably, that's definately a nice feature to have.

   We are actually fairly close to 5.x here.  5.x has been doing a lot of
   recent PCI power-state work which is not yet in DragonFly, but we aren't
   as far behind as 4.x is.

   So eventually we will have a working resume (well, at least as well as
   fbsd-5), but it isn't a priority right now.