ANSIfication [was: Re: ANSI-fy of ranlib, ruptime and rdist [patches]]

Douwe Kiela virtus at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jul 24 05:24:44 PDT 2004

Hey,
> the kill patch is not applicable in my opinion.  The first line in the
usage
> details the normal 'kill pid' and 'kill -s signal pid' options, the latter
> two show how to use the signal names and signal numbers, no need to make
> them optional in that syntax.
According to my knowledge -signame and -signum are equivalent to -s signal,
which is an unneeded option. If -s signal is provided as an option, using
square
brackets, why shouldn't it's equivalents be provided as an option?
Style(9) says concerning the printing of usage that everything that is
optional
ought to be inbetween square brackets..

> By the way, did anyone ever succeed in getting kill to print its usage()?
> ;)
Haha, good question :p

Ltr,
Douwe