Handbook Config and Tuning chapter cleanup

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-submit at les.ath.cx
Thu Jul 22 04:47:26 PDT 2004

Hi.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:40:23AM -0400, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> http://forknibbler.com/handbook/config-tuning.html
>
> I've removed the FreeBSD 5.0 refs, and cleaned up a few spots that don't
> apply.  If someone familiar with ACPI can take a quick look, it would help
> me out - I don't know if there's differences in 'our' ACPI from what's
> there.

I'm not familiar with ACPI, so here's only nitpickings:

[acpi-overview.html]
there are few places where FreeBSD version numbers left unchanged, like
"DragonFly 4.9" or "DragonFly 5.x".

[acpi-debug.html]
Section 6.16.2 contains source code paths, but they refer to older
code we brought from FreeBSD-4.x.

|The path to the ACPI-CA source code is src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica.
|The glue code that allows ACPI-CA to work on DragonFly is in
|src/sys/dev/acpica/Osd. Finally, drivers that implement various ACPI
|devices are found in src/sys/dev/acpica.

should be

|The path to the ACPI-CA source code is
|src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica-unix-YYYYMMDD, where YYYYMMDD is release date
|of ACPI-CA source code. The glue code that allows ACPI-CA to work on
|DragonFly is in src/sys/dev/acpica5/Osd. Finally, drivers that implement
|various ACPI devices are found in src/sys/dev/acpica5.

and architecture-dependent code resides in /sys/${ARCH}/acpica5.

Section 6.16.3.1 contains references to freebsd-bugs or freebsd-current
list, but these should be replaced with our list address.

Section 6.16.6 illustrates how to recompile acpi module, but the directory
should be changed from /sys/modules/acpi/acpi to /sys/dev/acpica5 .
This section contains a reference to acpi(4), but it doesn't exist.

Section 6.16.7 contains reference to acpi_thermal(4), but it doesn't
exist.
This section contains a reference to FreeBSD ACPI mailing list,
which I think is O.K. and I'd recommend subscribing to the list to get
better information/help from them. Posting ACPI-related bug report of
DragonFly to freebsd-acpi is not desirable though.