patch to un-K&R-ify libkern

Dave Cuthbert dacut at neolinear.com
Tue Jan 27 09:19:45 PST 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Yes, the prototypes are in machine/profile.h. It is common practise
to have the prototypes include (void) and leave it out for the function
declaration. Anyway, if you stumple over a function without prototyp,
that is a bug and should be noticed. Anyway IIRC in ISO C a function
without arguments might be considered as K&R style and therefore an
implicit (...) is assumed. This does not happen if a ISO prototyp was found.
Ah, ok.  My find/grep-fu wasn't up to task last night (well, ok, I was
busy with other stuff :-), and I didn't see the headers.
Dave