hostname(1) change

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Sun Jan 4 17:07:42 PST 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 01:47, Kent Ibbetson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Attached is a patch for hostname(1) which allows you set the hostname
> based on a supplied IP address.  I use it to set the hostname when I
> dial in.
>
> hostname -r IP_ADDR  is much easier to type than
> hostname `host IP_ADDR | awk '{print $5}'`

One suggestion: Add support for ipv6 adresses. Resolving is almost the same
except for some differently named things (like AF_INET6, sockaddr6_in, etc.)
that have different sizes.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
A New York City judge ruled that if two women behind you at the movies
insist on discussing the probable outcome of the film, you have the