port override for sysutils/rc_subr

Aaron Malone aaron at munge.net
Mon Jan 5 10:18:01 PST 2004

The FreeBSD ports are starting to use rc.subr for startup scripts
(rsyncd and exim are two I've run into), and the ports system (if
automatically pulls in a copy of the FreeBSD rc.subr to put in /usr/
local/etc.  Of course, since this rc.subr is not modified to deal with
DragonFly, the startup scripts fail miserably.

Attached is a proposed port override which simply makes a symlink in
${PREFIX}/etc to /etc/rc.subr.  This removes the need to edit
port-installed ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d/*.sh scripts just to make them
start.  I've left MAINTAINER blank, as I'm not sure what the proper
protocol is for port overrides.

--
Aaron Malone
aaron at xxxxxxxxx