DRM updates

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jan 14 12:01:25 PST 2004

:On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 07:40:02AM -0500, Craig Dooley wrote:
:> What is the desired way to do this?  Should I do something like
:> #if __DragonFly__
:
:#ifdef __DragonFly__
:
:> ...
:> #elif __FreeBSD__
:> #if __FreeBSD_version >= 500000
:> ...
:> #else
:> ...
:>
:> If I put the dragonfly check in the FreeBSD 4.x section it will just have
:> to be moved when we take it out of the compiler.  Does the above seem like a
:> reasonable solution?
:
:Otherwise try to either merge the #elif __FreeBSD__ with the version checks
:or remove those completely. The last should be avoided for files we want to
:keep in sync with other OSes.
:
:Joerg

    Yah, we are in between a rock and a hard place on pre-defs.  At the moment
    we have to define both __DragonFly__ and __FreeBSD__ but by the time we
    get to the first release we had better only be defining __DragonFly__
    (in the base compiler / as a default).