kernel gcc34 patch

Craig Dooley craig at xlnx-x.net
Tue Jan 6 09:33:43 PST 2004

Heres one more attempt at the gcc34 port.  It adds __DragonFly__ but I
could not get -fformat-extensions to work.  I added the lines as they have
in FreeBSD 5, but I get errors about unknown option when I try to use it.

-Craig

>     I don't think we ever resolved this, but in order to maintain
>     compatibility with the existing build system the gcc34 port will have
>     to support the -fformat-extensions option, or support the option as
>     a NOP.
>
>     If you would like to move on to other things I can take your existing
>     gcc34 patch and add the two necessary items (__DragonFly__ and
>     -fformat-extensions support).  I think I could crank that out in a day.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Craig Dooley                                            craig at xxxxxxxxxx
gcc-port.tgz