hostname(1) change

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Jan 4 19:53:48 PST 2004

:Thanks, actually, that was my original intention, hence using -r (for reverse)
:and leaving -i for interface.  I just knew whacking out the code for reverse
:would be quicker (that, and I had a need for it).  I'll add some interface
:probing code and resubmit.  I assume using sysctl(3) is the correct method
:for grabbing the interface details (I'm using ifconfig(8) as a reference) and
:using the first IP address found on the given interface would be appropriate?
:Cheers,
:
:--
:Kent Ibbetson
:bsd at xxxxxxxxxx

    Take a look at the code to ifconfig in /usr/src/sbin/ifconfig/, which
    appears to use sysctl to retrieve the interface list and a socket/ioctl
    combo to retrieve the interface's info.