patch to style(9) man page to reflect current practices

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 18 14:06:37 PST 2004

:Recently on FreeBSD's cvs list a compromise was suggested, by juli I
:think, that declarations in (non-kernel-only) header files should look
:like:
:
:	void	function(int /* fd */, char /* foo */);
:
:I think I agree, and if there aren't any objections, I can start working
:on patches to the headers and to style(9) to work towards that.
:
:-Chris

    That's even worse.  Names don't work, underscores might work but a lot
    of header files use underscores for internal macros already so even those
    are dangerous.  Comments make a huge mess out of the declarations.
    That leaves.... no use of identifiers at all.