Download page changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Feb 13 18:28:29 PST 2004

:
:http://home.shiningsilence.com:81/Main/download.cgi
:
:First stab at download page cleanup - I need to do more, but I'm not going
:to be able to do so tonight and I figured I'd see what was said.

    Looks cool.  One adjustment:  /nrelease/root/README  -> /README
    (the file as it is stored on the CD is /README).

    I'll update the official live CD when we stabilize again... a couple
    of days at worst since it looks like we are almost there after the
    recent spat of changes.

    I am also considering a stable (non-branch) tag which marks stable points
    in the tree (when it is known that buildworld and buildkernel compile
    and run ok), which we update once a week or so.  I'm still thinking about
    the logistics of doing this.  One tag isn't too much of a cvsup burden
    since once it is laid down only tag slips require updates.  Multiple
    tags are more of a burden but we might want at least one permanent
    (non-branch) tag per month.