[patch] Require _KERNEL/_KERNEL_STRUCTURES for all kernel headers

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Dec 22 00:14:46 PST 2004

    The idea is to only have to define _KERNEL_STRUCTURES.  That would
    mean, typically, that structures would be enclosed by
    defined(_KERNEL) || defined(_KERNEL_STRUCTURES) while prototypes
    would be enclosed only by defined(_KERNEL).

:>
:> Hope I caught all that, updated patch at
:>
:>   http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/patch/kernel_barricade2.diff
:>
:> 'make installer_release' underway, I'll let you know if it breaks.
:>
:> -Chris
:>
:
:	Correct me if I am wrong, but if a sysutil port requires one of
:	the sys headers, does that mean I need to define BOTH _KERNEL
:	and _KERNEL_STRUCTURES?  I thought the point of having
:	_KERNEL_STRUCTURES was to compartmentalize *kernel structures*
:	and other dangerous code in header files from userland so
:	that you could define _KERNEL_STRUCTURES and get what it says
:	instead of the other cruft as well.
:
:	I could be just beating a dead chicken here... :-)
:
:		-Hiten