mainpage change

Jonas Sundström jonas at kirilla.com
Mon Dec 20 10:47:05 PST 2004

Adrian Nida <nida at xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> An individual came into the IRC channel under the impression that we
> haven't
> done anything since September.  I brought up the fact that having
> links to
> Justin's Blog and the wiki would be good at showing the constant
> motion of this
> project.  I was told to make a patch for this.
>
> Here it is:  http://www.labthug.com/df/mainpage.patch

(If it's wrong replying in submit@, please let me know.)

Good idea. The wording can be improved though. I think the "DragonFly
BSD Digest" sounds a lot better. Here's some hopefully constructive
criticism. (The square brackets represent links.)

One-liner suggestions for the main page:

"The [DragonFly BSD Digest] keeps you up to date with recent events (on
the mailinglists|in the community)."

"Make your Wiki contribution at [SiteTronics(?)] or at [GoBSD]."

Sidebar link suggestions:

Main
  [wiki]  -> subpage on the available community wikis
  [digest] -> external link to Justin's

Docs
  [handbook] -> external link to Justin's

/Jonas Sundström.                  www.kirilla.com