dri dfport

Craig Dooley xlnxminusx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 06:49:01 PST 2004

I've made a dfport for dri.  It builds and installs cleanly, but to make
dri work, I had to manually copy libdrm.a from
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/freebsd to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/.  Perhaps we
could either add a script to symlink this or just a message to let
people know that this is needed to make DRI work.  As a permanent fix,
this will require another patch to xorg-server.  I believe this might
require a change to OS_SUBDIR in
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd/drm/Imakefile.  Since there
are commits in the freebsd ports about cleaning up for X.org 6.8.1, I
will wait until this goes in to fix that up unless someone requests it
now, or someone else takes it up.  As a positive note though, this
raised my fps on glxgears from < 900 with XFree86 4.3.0 to > 1400 on a
Radeon 9200 with a 1.4ghz Pentium M.

* Unfortunately, I do not know of a ftp server I can reach to store this on,
* and it seems I can't send the tar as an attachment to the list.  I can send
* it personally to someone to host, or perhaps get an account on leaf, but I
* need someone's help in actually getting it to the list.  Sorry.

-Craig