[patch] POSIX advisory mode lock panic fix by Dfly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Apr 21 11:19:51 PDT 2004

:>     Also, the error checking should not be integrated into chgposixlockcnt().
:>     That is, the resource counter increment/decrement should be unconditional
:>     based on the allocation and freeing of the related structures.  The
:>     resource limit should be checked in the main switch, with a special case
:>     in the case of a split.
:
:I really prefer checking the resource limit in one place, so what do you
:think of moving the resource limit check into lf_cnt_increment? Reminds me
:that the change to kern_prot.c is not correct :(
:
:Joerg

    No, please.  The incrementing and decrementing should be based on the
    structural allocation and freeing.  The resource check should only be
    done in the high level system call, as per my pseudo code.  They really
    should be treated separately.