libmap and linuxpluginwrapper

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 6 10:57:41 PDT 2004

:Well, I consider this to be a very ugly hack. Just like Simon I prefer
:a cleaner solution via attaching of a special section to the ELF binary.
:I'm currently looking at linuxpluginwrapper to get it working without
:libmap. If there isn't a real need for user uses beside that and my
:work is successfull, I'd like to leave this out.
:
:Joerg

    Ok, well play with it for a while and report back.  I am not particularly
    fond of the idea of hacking up ld-elf.so just to support plugins which
    we cannot otherwise compile from source.