less update

Eirik Nygaard eirikn at kerneled.com
Sun Apr 18 03:48:31 PDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 05:56:38PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:14:48 -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>
> >     This is great work, Eirik.  Is the new methodology for contrib easy
> >     to deal with?
>
> As for me, I would say yes and I like this method better. :-)
>
> Anyway, I am wondering if there's standard of method to import? Like for
> example same name of file and etc:
>
> Eirik:
> 	contrib/awk20040207/DRAGONFLY-upgrade (no checksum, all in one)
> 	contrib/diffutils-2.8.1/DRAGONFLY-upgrade (no checksum, all in one)
>
> Matt:
> 	contrib/binutils-2.14/README.DELETED
> 	contrib/binutils-2.14/README.DRAGONFLY
> 	contrib/gcc-3.3/README.DELETED
> 	contrib/gcc-3.3/README.DRAGONFLY
>
> I am not trying to make weird, but I think it would be nice if they all
> are doing in the same way. So, I can know what to looking for the
> contrib/*/README.[DELETED|DRAGONFLY] without have to go in the directories
> and find out that it was DAGONFLY-upgrade or different name of text files.
>
> Just throw my 0.2 cent worth, before there are getting many..

As for a checksum I should probably add as well, I just never really
thought about that, but it is a good point. I will start doing it from now
on, starting with the less update.
As for the two vs. one file thing I think using two files for the updates
I have done so far at least would be overkill. There is not that many
files I need to remove from the original archieves.

--
Eirik Nygaard
eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx    Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.