pccard woes (probably rcNG buglet)

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Tue Oct 7 20:31:54 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 11:24 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

    I think this is more a matter of fixing dhclient.  RCNG obviously
expects
    dhclient to generate a pid file based on the interface name.  We
should
    fix dhclient instead of hack RCNG, I think.

    Would you like to have a go at that?  I think it would be rather
easy.  If
    not I can do it (I always like to give people a chance to dig into
the
    source code themselves, especially when solutions are potentially
very
    easy to implement!).
Actually mbr fixed most of the problems with dhclient in 5.x. They
should
be really trivial to move over into the DragonFly tree. Perhaps I'll
take a look at that in the morning.

Ex. you can do nice things like
dhclient rl0
dhclient dc0
Or once you've done dhclient rl0 and picked up an address say
192.168.1.71
at you house and go into the office with your laptop sleeping and can
just plug
back in and dhclient will then pickup your office internal dhcp address
of 10.129.6.7

-DR

-DR