One more for gcc 3.3.2 buildkernel

Craig Dooley cd5697 at albany.edu
Fri Oct 31 05:13:43 PST 2003

This just changes a comment in a .s file (Strange gcc uses the preprocessor on
it.  I thought it only handled .S files) but it takes the comment as a
directive.  I guess 2.95 didnt handle # with space in front of it and gcc
3.3.2 does.  Should work with 2.95 also, havent tried yet.

Aside from the packaging flamewar, The point of this work is to try to get gcc
updated to the 3.x branch (and while we're at it, binutils to 2.14.x and gdb
to 6.x) in support of the x86-64 port (Should we call it amd64 since i think
they officially changed the name?).  Im expecting to have a preliminary patch
to add PAE done this weekend, but since I dont totally understand the impact
of all the changes it requires, it might require some higher up review and
lots of testing.  After that I can add 64-bit elf support to loader if
desired, and we could be on the way.  Im also working on merging binutils
2.14 into my CVS, but I dont know the best way to send that out once it's
working.  Should I just tar up the directory to be imported and send that
directly to Matt?  It seems like it would be big to send to the mailing list.

-Craig
--
Craig Dooley											cd5697 at xxxxxxxxxx
pgp00011.pgp