lwkt_msgport.c

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Dec 31 16:35:04 PST 2003

Hi!

    Why do I do things this way?  Well, it was probably overkill on my part
    but in my early LWKT work it actually reduced code complexity in the
    critical path by allowing certain priority & critical section checks to
    be collapsed into a single compare.  I could probably optimize things
    even more but there's a point when one has to judge a piece of work
    as 'done' and move on :-)
I'd say you were more than successfull. Your lwkt subsystem is a killer !
Some nobody could implement an alternative dirty #ifdef'd userland scheduler
in less than 100 lines of code and live with it !
That would not have been possible with 4.x.
Or 5.x. Even less I think. Uhm. Not to step on anyone's toes though...
Happy new year in any case !

Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen