Trouble with waitpid and Rust

Imre Vadász imrevdsz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:07:21 PDT 2017

Hi,
Did you verify that the child isn't just exiting before the parent calls
wait(), and getting reaped by a signal handler for SIGCHLD? This should be
easy to verify by running the binary with ktrace. In that case getting
ECHILD from waitpid() would be perfectly fine and could be treated as
success.
Regards, Imre