Release 4.4 time!

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Wed Nov 25 06:26:55 PST 2015

As a reminder, when Justin creates a release branch, he bumps the master
branch at the same time.  This means we are on DF 4.5 now, which means
pkg will seek 4.6 packages now.

I'm building those now, but in the meantime I recommend that people put
this in their /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf file:

ABI = "dragonfly:4.4:x86:64"

Here are the reasons I recommend it:
1) 4.4 packages are available, 4.6 are not
2) When a server is migrated to 4.6, it's best to update *ALL* the
packages to make sure the ABI is not mixed.
3) 4.4 and 4.6 packages will be practically identical for a few weeks so
there's no rush to migrate.

by hard-setting the ABI, you can control when you want to replace all
the packages instead of pkg trying to do it when it finds a new catalog
on the server.

We basically go through this every time a release branch is created.
John