No subject

Tue Mar 11 20:20:00 PDT 2014

'consumer' OS's (Windows, MacOS "classic", OS-X) have some kind of
special scheduler hooks or API's for these kinds of scenarios
(DirectSound, CoreAudio, etc) and that this is a 'hard problem' (TM)
It is a hard problem (thats my impression from reading the Linux audio
mailing lists). If I were a musician or pro audio user, I would buy an
Apple only for CoreAudio, although Linux is now a much better audio
platform than it was some years ago.

If you want to run pro audio software (on BSD) you want to run a jack
server. Has anyone tried to port jackd or jackdmp to Dragonfly? Is there
any chance that it can run low-latency (64 samples / 48khz = 1.3 ms)?