Summer of Code status

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon May 20 19:17:39 PDT 2013

I realized I hadn't posted an update in a while, so here's the state of things:

- We've had a good number of applications; quantity is down while
quality is up, compared to previous years.  This is I think in part
because Google is reducing the number of applications students can
make, and because we have more complex tasks.

- Student project selection ends the 24th.  Accepted projects are
announced on the 27th on the Google Summer of Code site.

- We've been awarded 5 slots, and we'll be using them all.