[GSoC] Making vkernels checkpointable - week 9

Pawel Dziepak pdziepak at quarnos.org
Mon Aug 19 06:09:51 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've spent last week testing changes I've done to the checkpointing
code, mainly the recent kqueue restoration. Everything seems to be
fine, programs using kqueues work well, kqueue and the registered
kevents are restored automatically by the kernel without any need of
additional, custom, SIGCKPT[EXIT] handler.

This week my main goal is to restore vmspaces of virtual processes.
(According to my original timeline now is time for saving and
restoring VPAGETABLE mapping but I've already done that few weeks
ago). Also, I am still working on the checkpointing code trying to
make it more flexible and easier to add new features in the future.

Paweł